Nursing Care Center in Edwardsville, IL
University Care Center is a skilled nursing facility offering quality rehabilitative care as well as excellent long term care. Our dedicated staff provide 24- hour nursing care for your loved one. The goal of University Care Center is to help individuals achieve their highest level of independence. Our aggressive discharge planning ensures an individual has all the adaptive equipment, home modifications, and training to ensure success once they are at home.
About Madison County, Illinois
Edwardsville, Illinois in Madison County is steeped in history. In fact Edwardsville is one of the oldest cities in Illinois. It is the county seat of Madison County. But this town isn’t living in the past in 2010 Edwardsville was named to Family Circle Magazine’s 10 Best Towns for families, and nearby Glen Carbon was listed in CNN Money Magazine as being among the “100 Best Places to Live in 2009”
Considering all of this comes with Midwestern hospitality and convenient access to nearby St. Louis, it’s easy to understand why Edwardsville is such a popular place to live and work.
What to Do For Fun
University Care Center is located near several recreational venues for both residents and family members:
- MCT Trails: Madison County Transit has developed more than 85 miles (137 km) of scenic bikeways that weave throughout the communities of Edwardsville, nearby Glen Carbon, and beyond. The trails are mostly asphalt. Maps of the trails, which connect to neighborhoods, schools, business districts, SIUE, parks, and more, can be found on kiosks throughout the trail system, or online at www.mcttrails.org
- Watershed Nature Center: 46-acre (190,000 m2) wildlife preserve. The interpretive center displays native Illinois plants and animals and has education about the environment. Programming for children and adults is available
- SIUE Campus: Located on 2,660 acres (11 km2), the SIUE campus is one of the largest college campuses in the United States. The property includes rolling hills, acres of forests, and extensive fields
- Edwardsville Parks: Glik Park, City Park, Edwardsville Township Park, Leclaire Park, and Lusk Park
- Arts & Culture: The Edwardsville Arts Center
Education and Employment Opportunities
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville is located directly across Route 157 from University Care Center. The Edwardsville Journal, the Madison County Record, and the Edwardsville Intelligencer are located here as well. Edwardsville High School and Metro-East Lutheran High School serve students in the area. It is also home to some of the area's biggest construction companies, including Dean and Sons Construction, Phelps Construction, and Thiems Construction
Since 1978, University Care Center has been serving seniors and their families with the same home town hospitality and care offered by the city itself! Stop by for a visit soon!